The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 26-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
j_lloyd1979 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Some Concerns on HIV TEST done by AFA

Hi

I was tested negative by AFA last month after 7months of possible exposure, before that i had minor symptoms but after the test im experiencing a lot of symptoms and the worry part are all at the same time like recurring cold, body aches and shooting pains, hives, sore throat. Now I am really worried thinking i might have HIV through the TEST done by AFA or the result was not reliable. During the test i forgot to double check the lancet that they used if its safe and i couldn't remember whether the guy who took my blood was wearing a gloves because i was so nervous that time i didn't think of these. Does the TEST done by AFA is 100% SAFE and ACCURATE? Do the volunteers of AFA are really committed to their work and don't do such things like harming their patients? Are the volunteers also clean from HIV? Cos the guy who took my blood looked sick. Can we trust them? And as i can remember too the councilor that interviewed me was not that accomodating, he just asked me those typical question and thats it with no suggestion or explanation and he also didn't give advise at all. So I am really questioning the RELIABILITY and ACCURACY of the service done by AFA. Can anyone please answer me.

Thanks a lot
Old 26-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3064 / Power: 20
Ray06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond reputeRay06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some Concerns on HIV TEST done by AFA

[QUOTE=j_lloyd1979;2925006]Hi
I was tested negative by AFA last month after 7months of possible ex

Maybe AFA could explain here as this could be many others' concern!
I was told Negative during my test, i also too hurry to ask how to see the results, only saw 2 strip and 2 lines?
The workers there were very friendly.
Old 28-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 556 / Power: 17
peanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to all

AFA is staffed by volunteers. I think in order to be a volunteer, one obviously must want to help others, so I think there is no basis to doubt them. All lancets are brand new, and are not reused. They always make it a point to tell me that they are using a new one. But since they are not professionals, sometimes they might forget to mention certain things, but I don't think you have to worry about them reusing old needles or lancets.

As for the tests, well, its a strip of paper with YOUR blood on it. How can it go wrong, unless they get the blood mixed up. From the amount of care they put into actually looking at your receipt number, I think that's unlikely to happen. If you are unsure, just go for another test. $20 is small price to pay for peace of mind.
Old 28-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Samster

Maybe AFA could explain here as this could be many others' concern!
I was told Negative during my test, i also too hurry to ask how to see the results, only saw 2 strip and 2 lines?
The workers there were very friendly.

-----------------------

I didn't get what you say? You mean your result was not accurate? They said negative but then you saw two lines from the kit which means positive? Please clarify, i'm a bit confuse

Thanks
Old 28-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Samster

AFA is staffed by volunteers. I think in order to be a volunteer, one obviously must want to help others, so I think there is no basis to doubt them. All lancets are brand new, and are not reused. They always make it a point to tell me that they are using a new one. But since they are not professionals, sometimes they might forget to mention certain things, but I don't think you have to worry about them reusing old needles or lancets.

As for the tests, well, its a strip of paper with YOUR blood on it. How can it go wrong, unless they get the blood mixed up. From the amount of care they put into actually looking at your receipt number, I think that's unlikely to happen. If you are unsure, just go for another test. $20 is small price to pay for peace of mind.

-------------------------

Thanks peanut for the reply, yes i would definitely do that, i'm just waiting for my 3 months after the test done by AFA, i've not do any exposure since the last act before i went for the test which was 7 months back
Old 03-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 374 / Power: 18
Midnightiger is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMidnightiger is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMidnightiger is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMidnightiger is a living Saint! - you won't find better

If my memory is right, I think some time back there was a gay working in AVA which no one was aware and if I'm not wrong, was also HIV positive.

I think the incident created quite a hoo-haa.

Anyone from AVA care to correct me?

Regards
Tiger
Old 03-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Not Activated

My Reputation: Points: 7 / Power: 0
XEye is Cool - loads of Potential

You are not thinking of verifying directly with them ? and instead you would take any of the people's advise ?

Not meaning to say bad or insinuate any sharing here but it is purely our personal view and experience, if there is, to share.

For such a topic and concern of yours, would it not be common sense to ask direct ?

You know where it is, you know their number to call ... what is stopping you ?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1